Vintage Motorcars is proud to present this 1956 Oldsmobile Holiday 98 Hardtop Coupe.
This 1956 Oldsmobile Holiday 98 Hardtop Coupe is a very rare find. It is a 3-owner survivor that originated from a St. Paul, Minnesota dealership and resided all of its life in Los Angeles, California until the last two years in a Memphis, Tennessee collection. It is showing just 101,633 original miles (@1,700+ miles/year) and includes the original owner’s manual, a shop manual, and miscellaneous documents. The Olds Holiday (aka “Snoopy”) has been mechanically maintained and in a climate-controlled garage. The 1st owner clocked the majority of mileage from 1956 to 1999. The 2nd only clocked a thousand miles from 2000 to 2014, and the 3rd owner clocked 633 miles since then.
Body Tag: STYLE 56-3037SDX
BODY BK 566
This classic Olds is shown in a very nice older two-step base/clear coat in factory GM “Alcan White” and “Charcoal Metallic Poly” two-tone. The paint shows very well with only minor wear since re-sprayed. The door gaps are all very straight and true, and all the body panels are rust free.
The original Oldsmobile “Rocket” 324ci V-8 engine with 4bbl Rochester “Quadrajet” carburetor has been rebuilt, and runs just exactly like it should. The original Oldsmobile “Jet-Away” Hydra-Matic transmission was also rebuilt and shifts perfectly in and out of each gear.
The Olds came loaded with factory options:
- High compression/9.25-1 “Rocket” Engine
- Factory Dual Exhausts with Bumper Extensions
- Power Steering
- Power Drum Brakes
- Excellent Starfire Spinner Hubcaps
- Dual Chrome Oldsmobile Side Mirrors
- Custom Delco Air Horn
- Deluxe Wonderbar AM 2-Way Hi-Fidelity Radio with foot pedal
- Power Antenna
- Power Windows
- 6-Way Power Seat
- 2-Speed Vent/Heater Blower
- Red Leather and Black Brocade Cloth seats
- Padded Dash
- Daytona-style carpeting
- Courtesy Lights package
- Vanity Mirror
- Trico Vacuum Window Washer
- Hand-Operated Back-Up Pump
This car also came with the following additional Dealer Installed Accessories:
- Oldsmobile Chromed Front Bumper Guard
- Mesh Vinyl and Spring-Attachable Bumper Guard
- Oldsmobile Black Rubber Floor Mats
- Oldsmobile Chrome Dealership License Plate Frame with ’56 Minnesota License Plate.
This Holiday 98 has all surviving original factory equipment and materials aside from the newer paint, ignition parts, and a few clamps under the hood. The key reminder and safety buzzer still works. Rubbers are excellent. Trunk features original White-Wall Spare Tire with Jack Kit.
All fluids are fresh and it has been tuned-up mechanically. It is the nicest riding original high-end Oldsmobile I have ever experienced. The overall condition of the car is excellent, and it will truly make the new owner proud to show it off. Everything is clean and well-maintained without molestation. The original parts show appropriate patina for a 61 year-old survivor. All glass is clear/excellent condition and there is no rust in the body and chassis (still has the factory undercoating). The vacuum wipers work a bit slow, and the heater valve has been bypassed.
This classy Holiday 98 really only needs a new home- Or take it to concourse level and win first place every time!
- Mileage: 101635 mi
- Year: 1956
- VIN: 569K3372
- Exterior Color: White/Black
- Interior Color: Red
- Seating Type: Bench
- Seat Material: Vinyl
- Shifter Type: Column
- Center Console: No
- Engine Type: Gasoline
- Engine Size: 324ci V8
- Fuel Delivery System Type: Carburetor
- Transmission Type: Automatic
Engine / Transmission
- Entertainment System Type: AM Radio
- Battery Location: Engine Comp.
- Battery Shut Off: No
- Battery Charger: Generator
- Power Steering: Yes
- Air Conditioning: No
- Doors: 2
- Front Suspension Type: Coil/Shock
- Rear Suspension Type: Leaf Spring
- Front Wheel Specification: 15"Steel Rims w/Hubcaps
- Rear Wheel Specification: 15"Steel Rims w/Hubcaps
- Front Tire Specification: Cientra Classic Steel Belted 235/75R15
- Rear Tire Specification: Cientra Classic Steel Belted 235/75R15
- Front Brakes Specification: Drum
- Rear Brakes Specification: Drum
- Spare: Yes
- Exhaust Type: Dual
- Power Brakes: Yes